Grant Writing and Funding
- Create task sheet and delegate tasks to teammates
- Tasks are sent prior to the creation of the list and leads may add their own ideas to the list
- Conduct bi-weekly meetings with the grant writing and funding team (more if necessary)
- Schedule to meet with C.E.O prior to team meeting for any updates or communicate via email/whatsapp
- Prepare agenda for the meeting and upload to the department lead folder for review and approval one day prior to meeting
- Upload meeting notes to google drive within 24 hours after the meeting
- Create a google calendar alert for upcoming grant deadlines, grant announcements and awarding of funds
- Send invites to all grant writers and to C.E.O
- Include 1 week and 2 day prior reminder(s)
- Monitor tasks and deadlines, follow up and check in with team
- Review grants and other writing projects submitted prior to the C.E.O
- Complete performance reviews for the writing team
- Ensure all trackers and forms are up to date
- Be available to assist your team and answer questions
- Collaborate with other departments (when necessary)
- Perform similar and related duties as assigned such as crowdfunding and other assigned writing tasks
As a grant writing intern for Moving Mountains Tutoring and Mentoring Services, LLC, your primary responsibility will be to assist with the identification of appropriate grantors and the execution and submission of grant requests. We need interns who are capable of researching funding opportunities within fixed guidelines, initiating and maintaining contact with foundations and writing grants for eligible funding. This would require an intern with strong research, writing and analytical skills. Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
- Working with the CEO to create a database of potential grants and timelines for the entire grant writing process.
- Create and maintain a Grant Calendar which shows when a grant application and/or report is due and the contact information.
- Review funder websites, printed application guidelines and determine appropriateness of potential funder
- Work with Staff and volunteers to identify areas of needs where a grant would help solve a problem or fill a need.
- Learn how to research and write grants.
- Research and write, review and edit all affiliate grant proposals (both private foundations and government grants)
- Work with other interns to engage in outreach via social media
The qualified candidate will have excellent writing, verbal, proofreading, editing, and organizational skills. Ideal candidates will also be flexible team players, self-motivated and detail oriented individual with strong interpersonal skills, customer service orientation, and communication skills, ability to prioritize and meet deadlines. Microsoft Office experience required.